Reporting Retail Sales
Michigan Utility Service Suppliers are required to report retail sales at the beginning of each new year. For instance, 2022 retail sales will be entered in January or February of 2023.
In order to report Retail Sales in MIRECS, Utility Service Providers follow these steps:
- Access your MIRECS account information by selecting the Change Profile, under the Registration
- From the “MIRECS Account Information” screen, locate the section under Michigan Utility Service Provider Information
- You can then enter the “Previous Year’s Retail Electric Sales" (be sure to enter in MWh).
- Confirm that your entry is accurate and click the [Save] button at the bottom of the screen.
Note: If the Previous Year’s Retail Electric Sales are not entered by the end of February, then the MIRECS will automatically require entry before Account Holder can access the system.
Please reference the Annual REC Portfolio Filling and EWR Compliance for more information on Annual Portfolio Filings, including:
- Portfolio (Formally Compliance) Overview
- Portfolio Report
- MPSC Review of Annual Portfolio Filing
- MIRECS Annual Reporting and Transferring Certificates to a REC Portfolio Sub-Account
Note - Information on Compliance for Energy Waste Reduction can be found in the Energy Waste Reduction (EWR) section of the MIRECS Help Center.