Michigan Utility Service Providers will make transfers to their EWR Compliance Sub-Account to mirror and support their annual compliance filing with the Michigan Public Services Commission.
EWR Compliance Sub-Account
EWR Compliance Sub-Accounts are automatically created annually in MIRECS and a separate Compliance Sub-Account will be created for each compliance year.
Following the automated creation of the EWR Compliance Sub-Account, Michigan Utility Service Providers can proceed to transfer EWR Credits to their EWR Compliance Sub-Accounts.
Transferring Credits to an EWR Compliance Sub-Account
To transfer active EWR Credits to an EWR Compliance Sub-Account, please take the following steps:
- In the Account Dashboard, locate the Account Status
- Under the Account Status module, click on an ‘Active’ EWRs link under Account Activity (as pictured below).
Note: User can also click other Credit positions to access the transfer screen.
- Filter to show only EWR Certificates.
- Select the magnifying glass on the top right.
- Enter “EWR” in the field for “Credit Type”.
- Then click the [Search] button to finalize filter criteria.
- In the Active credit screen, select the batch(es) of EWR Credits that you wish to retire.
Note: Clicking the top box in first column will select all Credits on the visible page.
- If needed, adjust transfer quantity for each row selected.
- Confirm the “Total Quantity” and then click the [Batch Transfer] button.
- User is then taken to the “Transfer Credits” screen to finalize the transfer of EWR Credits to the EWR Compliance Sub-Account.
- Click the “EWR Compliance” radio button and choose the compliance subaccount for the applicable compliance year.
- Select Category for the EWR retirement.
- Verify all details are accurate and click the [Submit] button to initiate the transfer to the EWR Compliance Sub-Account.
- Click [OK] to Confirm the EWR Compliance Retirement.
Note: User may need to continue transferring Credits until the annual requirement is met.
Select from the Articles below for additional information on the EWR Compliance process: